Saturday 11 July 2015

Social Scientists- Interview with the Founder

Entrepreneur of the Week#4

a.   So who is Sanketh Y S basically… tell us a little about yourself?
From way back I was in 5th grade i.e, 2005 after a workshop I decided to do something different which others haven’t but I had no Idea. Atlast 2012, I started an NGO – Shushrooshaa with no support because even now no one supported ME nor encouraged ME. They all said it would be a rough path, discouraged ME with various set of reasons. For the next 6 months I was alone handling it, visiting various other orphanages, old age homes! I Then, there was an Idea from before to start a Company of MY own and now I needed funds so I thought this was the right time to start something of MY own. Thus, Libmyth was born and following other start ups. All these start ups were born because of MY own needs.

In 2008, I wanted to publish my book and I approached few publishers, everyone said no because I was young, had no prior experience. I then realised there are many people in the same situation. So, I decided to start Libmyth. Anyone can upload their works, it is a platform for other media agencies to select a good one to syndicate into theirs’. We are in talks with paperback publishers, once it is done even these books will be published as paper back.

b.   What led you to going ahead with the idea of taking “Online Startup Incubator” online and creating a profitable business entity out of it?
In 2008, I wanted to publish my book and I approached few publishers, everyone said no because I was young, had no prior experience. I then realised there are many people in the same situation. Hence, I founded Libmyth.
All the start-ups that were founded by me were to solve a previous problem occurred. No one should face similar kind of problems and to make others’ journey easy and smooth going, Social Scientists was founded.
I have founded 5 start ups and a NGO and in the starting stage I needed some or the other help. I wanted to help start-ups so that they don’t face similar problems and to make their journey smoother and faster, I started advising them. I realised only advising wont help much. Hence, Social Scientists. It is online as its very easy to connect. As our tagline says ‘Your startup connections”.  We are building a community for collaborative growth and to enhance togetherness to bring change in this eco-system. We even have a offline presence too!

c.   What has been the most challenging task while setting up?
The difficult thing was searching for a co-worker and yes, I found after few months but nonetheless he just left after working for a couple of weeks, there were two tech guys who left one after another. Later on Ahaan Pandit came to MY rescue to guide ME further and he is Our mentor now. But we did not find anyone for designing for few months. Amrith Shanbag is helping ME with technical aspects. Now, the things are getting better, risks are always there and the journey seems to be getting more excited.
d.   What would you say are your Business Strengths?
The deliverables!

e.   Who is your main Inspiration? Business/Personal.
Inspiration. I get that from everything. I appreciate Life and the things around. I get Inspiration from everyone, bits and pieces from everyone and everything. When I see someone as a role model, I try to become like them. I want be myself in the best possible way possible.

 f. What makes you different from your competitors like?
There are many startup incubators, communities and supporters. Most of them do not reach to the nth person who wants to start. Money plays a vital role. Funded/good team/good released product startups get the support. Events would have entry fee not only that any service which is opted would be charge applicable. Entrepreneurs who would have started cannot afford it. We help them with idea validation, getting a team, mentors, investors (in future

WHY?

This world is not too small, it’s bigger enough to accommodate you. When we started up on first we faced many problems and this platform is created to help co-entrepreneurs with their projects.

HOW?

We would like to collaborate with you to make a bigger impact together. Be it a simple blog or a complex inventory system we have a plan to work with you.

THEN?

We have learnt this through our experience and we would like you to be a part of this learning process.
Here, we are forming an inter-dependent start-up community. It's an online incubator wherein you can collaborate with other start-ups, entrepreneurs, NGOs, developers, investors or anyone in the community. 
We are building a network and getting everyone in one platform to make this startup ecosystem better.
  • Startups collaborate together. 
  • Entrepreneurs can connect with startups in the community. 
  • Mentors can choose any startup of their choice to advice or entrepreneurs can connect with them for guidance. 
  • Investors to fund the dreams
We support entrepreneurs in building more successful start-ups, start-ups in achieving what they need for their growth, partners to develop this Community. We want to bridge the gap in start-up ecosystem and build a support network. We are building this community for collaborative growth and to enhance togetherness to bring change in this eco-system.     

f.    If given the chance to go back in time, is there anything that you would’ve done differently that would impact “Social Scientist” as it is today?
The Journey is a memorable but lots of surprises daily good, bad or in between!
The only reason to be in startup is when you feel making this world a better place than it is today. Solve real customer’s real problems, which no one else is solving. So, there is nothing as such I would have done in a different way. If I can go back inTime, I want to start it much early!

g.   What future plans do you have for your business entity?
To be the most trusted and biggest, supportive incubator + talent hub!

h.   What are the 3 top factors to which you would like to attribute the success of your startup?
1.     Idea
2.     Community
3.     Passion

i.     How inviting is India Inc. towards upcoming businesses like yourself?

If someone who’s totally ignorant about the Indian market walks up to me and asks me about entrepreneurship in India – my answer to them would be that “Entrepreneurs are everywhere, one who wants to stand on his own feet, maybe a business development guy, tech guy, real estate or even a pani puri wala. The one who does in a non-conventional way.”  The awareness about entrepreneurship is definitely increasing incredibly, but not enough converts yet. Lots of wannapreneurs, but few actual entrepreneurs. Again, our goal is to make entrepreneurship a way of Life!  

No comments:

Post a Comment